Have a laugh with Dan Antonpolski at Harpenden Public Halls
THE second of the new season’s comedy club nights at Harpenden Public Halls next Friday, March 18, features a former winner of the BBC New Comedy Award as the headline act.
Dan Antopolski has built a reputation as an inventive, intelligent and edgy comic with a quick mind and surreal flights of fancy.
He won the New Comedy Award in 1998 and has had a couple of Perrier nominations as well as appearing on TV and radio shows such as Harry Hill’s TV Burp and Comedy Central’s The World Comedy Tour.
Joining him will be Matt Crosby, best known as one third of the award-winning sketch team Pappy’s Fun Club who has performed in a series of award-winning and critically-acclaimed sell-out shows across the world.
Completing the line up will be Wouter Mejs, who frequently starts his set by turning a mutual misunderstanding into a set of short stories and one-liners. He often has a job convincing people that he is not a character act but a genuine Dutchman.
You may also want to watch:
MC for the evening is one of the country’s top new comedians, Damion Larkin.
The Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club gets underway at 8pm and tickets are �12.50 in advance from 01582 767525 or www.harpendenpublichalls.com or �15 on the door.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images