Havana good time with Cuban show at Alban Arena
CUBAN extravaganza Pasion De Buena Vista is appearing at the Alban Arena next Saturday night, February 20. The show is filled with hot rhythms, salsa and fiery Cuban beats and features a cast of singers, an eight-piece live band and dancers from the Tropi
CUBAN extravaganza Pasion De Buena Vista is appearing at the Alban Arena next Saturday night, February 20.
The show is filled with hot rhythms, salsa and fiery Cuban beats and features a cast of singers, an eight-piece live band and dancers from the Tropicana Club in Havana.
The show promises to bring a new dimension to music and dance with its mixture of traditional Cuban dance with other styles such as ballet and break dance.
The show gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets at �25.50 and �21.50 with concessions �2 off are available from the box office on 01727 844488.
You may also want to watch:
Fairport Convention returns to the Arena the following night, Sunday, February 21 - 40 years after the band were formed.
Featuring Simon Nicol on guitar and lead vocals, Dave Pegg on bass and backing vocals, Chris Leslie on fiddle, mandolin, bouzouki and lead vocals, Ric Sanders on violin and Gerry Conway on drums and percussion, Fairport combine old favourites and brand-new songs.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are �19.
Biographical musical Over The Rainbow: The Eva Cassidy Story is being showcased at the Arena on Tuesday, February 23.
It tells the extraordinary story of late American singer Eva Cassidy following her life through dramatic scenes and live renditions of her music.
Probably best known for her rendition of Over The Rainbow, Eva's death was brought to the attention of British audiences four years after her death.
Starring Sarah Jane Buckley as Eva Cassidy, the show contains projection and original footage from Eva's life from early age to her first professional gig aged 18, her first meeting with boyfriend and mentor Chris Biondo, her recording at Blues Alley with Chuck Brown and culminating in her tragic death.
The show starts at 8pm and tickets are �15.50 and �14 with concessions �2.50 off.