Harpenden Young Hearts Youth Theatre at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
HARPENDEN Young Hearts Youth Theatre is appearing at The Maltings Arts Centre in St Albans for the first time next Thursday, May 3.
The Affairs at Meddlers Top by Richard Coleman is a comic tale of murder, mystery and a bunch of fading society characters including a Russian Baroness, an intrepid explorer and a set of missing emeralds.
Members of the youth theatre are all under 17 years and are looking forward to their first trip outside of Harpenden Public Halls, their usual venue.
Said director John Stenhouse: ‘Hopefully this is the first of many tours the group will embark on. We hope one day to take the group up to Edinburgh Festival.”
Tickets for the show, which starts at 7.30pm, are �8 with concessions �6, available from www. ticketsource.co.uk/ovo or from the Tourist Information St.Albans Town Hall.
n The group is also performing a one-off production of Annie Jr. at 7pm next Saturday, May 5, in Harpenden Public Halls.
John Stenhouse is playing the part of Daddy Warbucks and 10-year-old Hannah Hansom is taking the main role of Annie.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 9 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
The production will feature the junior section of Young Hearts who meet at the Public Halls every Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tickets are available from the Public Halls on 01582 767525 or on the door.