Harpenden teachers putting art in the picture
FIVE art teachers at a Harpenden school are exhibiting their work this week in its new photographic and design studio.
Lipi Mahil, Julia McNaught, Marian Laker, Carmel Turner and Rory Browne, all of whom teach art at St George’s School in Harpenden, are presenting a variety of art studies from rural landscapes and still life studies to textural pieces and urban photography.
All of them feel strongly about showing the pupils, parents and friends of the Sun Lane school what drives them as artists.
Lipi, who organised the display and has taught at the school for four years, said: “We are usually so rushed off our feet with the huge art classes we deal with but post exam period this year has been dedicated to us and getting our work ready for our display.
“We have planned this for months in response to many questions about what drives us and where do we get our inspiration and ideas from. It is a great chance to share our work with parents, pupils and friends.”
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster Norman Hoare is delighted that his team have mounted the exhibition. He said: “Interest already has been high and it is so good to have this running all week and over Old Georgian Weekends, especially on the Sunday when there are other events in the school for former pupils to see St George’s at its best.”
The work on display has been under wraps until the exhibition opened but it can now be seen from 6pm to 8pm tonight (Thursday) and tomorrow and from 1pm to 4pm on Sunday in Art Studio 3 in Monk Corridor.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre