Harpenden singer Stacey on countdown to launch
SINGER songwriter Stacey Smith who hails from London Colney launches her debut album at the Trestle Arts Base next Saturday night, November 21. A former pupil of Francis Bacon School in St Albans, Stacey comes from a musical family and has played in nume
SINGER songwriter Stacey Smith who hails from London Colney launches her debut album at the Trestle Arts Base next Saturday night, November 21.
A former pupil of Francis Bacon School in St Albans, Stacey comes from a musical family and has played in numerous bands down the years.
But it wasn't until two years ago that she "got the bug", found her own voice and started writing her own material.
She said: "I have spent the last few years in between births, deaths, heartbreaks, ups and downs, writing songs. I use life and other people's lives as my inspiration. Writing with my acoustic guitar, my first album is finally complete."
You may also want to watch:
Called Pieces, it is a collection of songs with a melodic, acoustic flavour and the occasional nod to rock and roll, reflecting her diverse musical influences such as Neil Young, The Beatles, Alison Krauss, Ella Fitzgerald, Johnny Cash, Madonna and The Foo Fighters.
Her dad is a record producer and musician, her brother is a drummer and her sister is a musical photographer. Both her father and brother will be joining Stacey on stage for the album launch.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Tickets priced �10 each are still available from the Trestle Arts Base box office on 01727 850950 or online at www.trestle.org.uk. Doors open at 7pm for an 8pm start.