Harpenden singer Stacey on countdown to launch
SINGER songwriter Stacey Smith who hails from London Colney launches her debut album at the Trestle Arts Base next Saturday night, November 21. A former pupil of Francis Bacon School in St Albans, Stacey comes from a musical family and has played in nume
SINGER songwriter Stacey Smith who hails from London Colney launches her debut album at the Trestle Arts Base next Saturday night, November 21.
A former pupil of Francis Bacon School in St Albans, Stacey comes from a musical family and has played in numerous bands down the years.
But it wasn't until two years ago that she "got the bug", found her own voice and started writing her own material.
She said: "I have spent the last few years in between births, deaths, heartbreaks, ups and downs, writing songs. I use life and other people's lives as my inspiration. Writing with my acoustic guitar, my first album is finally complete."
Called Pieces, it is a collection of songs with a melodic, acoustic flavour and the occasional nod to rock and roll, reflecting her diverse musical influences such as Neil Young, The Beatles, Alison Krauss, Ella Fitzgerald, Johnny Cash, Madonna and The Foo Fighters.
Her dad is a record producer and musician, her brother is a drummer and her sister is a musical photographer. Both her father and brother will be joining Stacey on stage for the album launch.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 6 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 7 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 9 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 10 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
Tickets priced �10 each are still available from the Trestle Arts Base box office on 01727 850950 or online at www.trestle.org.uk. Doors open at 7pm for an 8pm start.