Harpenden singer in Open Mic finals
A SINGER is calling on the people of the district to help him win a record deal. Tom Pearce, 18, has fought off stiff competition from thousands of other entrants to secure one of about 20 places in the finals of Open Mic UK, which will take place at the
A SINGER is calling on the people of the district to help him win a record deal.
Tom Pearce, 18, has fought off stiff competition from thousands of other entrants to secure one of about 20 places in the finals of Open Mic UK, which will take place at the end of November at the Portsmouth Guildhall.
Tom, who lives on a farm in Tower Hill Lane, Sandridge, only discovered his talent last year during a night out at a karaoke bar with his friends.
They encouraged him to enter the X Factor and five months ago he narrowly missed out on a chance to perform in front of the celebrity judges after making it through to the last 10 per cent of auditionees in the huge talent contest.
You may also want to watch:
Tom was told that he needed a bit more experience and went on to record a few tracks and perform a number of gigs before blowing away the judges with his take on Mad World by Tears for Fears at the regional finals of Open Mic UK.
To vote for Tom to win the competition, text Open 47 to 86222 (�1 charge) and tickets can be bought to support him at the event in Portsmouth at www.portsmouthguildhall.co.uk
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
Visit www.myspace.com/tompearce01 to hear some of Tom's tracks.