Harpenden singer in Open Mic finals
A SINGER is calling on the people of the district to help him win a record deal. Tom Pearce, 18, has fought off stiff competition from thousands of other entrants to secure one of about 20 places in the finals of Open Mic UK, which will take place at the
A SINGER is calling on the people of the district to help him win a record deal.
Tom Pearce, 18, has fought off stiff competition from thousands of other entrants to secure one of about 20 places in the finals of Open Mic UK, which will take place at the end of November at the Portsmouth Guildhall.
Tom, who lives on a farm in Tower Hill Lane, Sandridge, only discovered his talent last year during a night out at a karaoke bar with his friends.
They encouraged him to enter the X Factor and five months ago he narrowly missed out on a chance to perform in front of the celebrity judges after making it through to the last 10 per cent of auditionees in the huge talent contest.
You may also want to watch:
Tom was told that he needed a bit more experience and went on to record a few tracks and perform a number of gigs before blowing away the judges with his take on Mad World by Tears for Fears at the regional finals of Open Mic UK.
To vote for Tom to win the competition, text Open 47 to 86222 (�1 charge) and tickets can be bought to support him at the event in Portsmouth at www.portsmouthguildhall.co.uk
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
Visit www.myspace.com/tompearce01 to hear some of Tom's tracks.