Harpenden pantomime auditions open to youngsters
- Credit: polkadotpantomimes
Fancy appearing in this year’s Harpenden pantomime? Here’s your chance to perform in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Auditions for local youngsters to appear in panto Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will take place in Harpenden this weekend.
Creatives at Polka Dot Pantomimes are looking for children who live in the local area to take part in this year’s festive extravaganza at Harpenden Public Halls.
The Lincolnshire-based company is looking for an all-singing, all-dancing chorus of boys and girls who are aged between nine and 18.
No previous dance, acting or singing experience is required – Polka Dot Pantomimes want to welcome anyone with a genuine interest in theatre to audition this year.
You may also want to watch:
Between 18 and 24 young people are needed to form three teams of six to eight who will play alternate days during the run, performing alongside professional principal actors.
Auditions will take place on Sunday, June 10 at Harpenden Public Halls in Southdown Road.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
You do not need to prepare anything for the audition, just turn up with enthusiasm, clothes that are easy to move in and plenty of energy!
The open auditions for dancers will be from 10am to noon.
Those wishing to be considered as dwarfs will be auditioned from 1pm to 3pm.
Children must be no younger than nine by September 1, 2018.
To audition, you must fill out an audition pack, which is available from the Harpenden Public Halls box office.
Alternatively, the pack can be download from www.polkadotpantomimes.co.uk
For more information on the auditions, contact Harpenden Public Halls on 01582 767525 or email@example.com, or the Polka Dot Pantomimes production office on 01775 712359.
The audition pack must be filled in and brought with you on the audition day.
The form will also require you to attach two recent photographs (passport style is probably best).
A Polka Dot spokesperson added: “The chance to perform in this year’s pantomime production is truly amazing but it will require permission for children to be released from school for some performances.
“This is kept to a minimum and although many schools are supportive of their pupils participating in events such as this, parents should speak to headteachers before the audition to ensure that they are willing to allow absence from school should your child be successful.
“Your child must be available for their selected performance dates and for all rehearsals.
“Every child performing requires a performance licence. Polka Dot Pantomimes co-ordinate this but need parental support to help them achieve that.”
• For an application pack, visit http://www.polkadotpantomimes.co.uk/chorus-18/4584437904