Harpenden pantomime auditions open to youngsters
- Credit: polkadotpantomimes
Fancy appearing in this year’s Harpenden pantomime? Here’s your chance to perform in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Auditions for local youngsters to appear in panto Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will take place in Harpenden this weekend.
Creatives at Polka Dot Pantomimes are looking for children who live in the local area to take part in this year’s festive extravaganza at Harpenden Public Halls.
The Lincolnshire-based company is looking for an all-singing, all-dancing chorus of boys and girls who are aged between nine and 18.
No previous dance, acting or singing experience is required – Polka Dot Pantomimes want to welcome anyone with a genuine interest in theatre to audition this year.
Between 18 and 24 young people are needed to form three teams of six to eight who will play alternate days during the run, performing alongside professional principal actors.
Auditions will take place on Sunday, June 10 at Harpenden Public Halls in Southdown Road.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
You do not need to prepare anything for the audition, just turn up with enthusiasm, clothes that are easy to move in and plenty of energy!
The open auditions for dancers will be from 10am to noon.
Those wishing to be considered as dwarfs will be auditioned from 1pm to 3pm.
Children must be no younger than nine by September 1, 2018.
To audition, you must fill out an audition pack, which is available from the Harpenden Public Halls box office.
Alternatively, the pack can be download from www.polkadotpantomimes.co.uk
For more information on the auditions, contact Harpenden Public Halls on 01582 767525 or email@example.com, or the Polka Dot Pantomimes production office on 01775 712359.
The audition pack must be filled in and brought with you on the audition day.
The form will also require you to attach two recent photographs (passport style is probably best).
A Polka Dot spokesperson added: “The chance to perform in this year’s pantomime production is truly amazing but it will require permission for children to be released from school for some performances.
“This is kept to a minimum and although many schools are supportive of their pupils participating in events such as this, parents should speak to headteachers before the audition to ensure that they are willing to allow absence from school should your child be successful.
“Your child must be available for their selected performance dates and for all rehearsals.
“Every child performing requires a performance licence. Polka Dot Pantomimes co-ordinate this but need parental support to help them achieve that.”
• For an application pack, visit http://www.polkadotpantomimes.co.uk/chorus-18/4584437904