Harpenden musicians play it cool
HARPENDEN Music Makers and their audience braved icy conditions for a charity concert before Christmas. Despite the weather, which threatened to stop some members of the choir and the audience from getting to Harpenden Methodist Church, on December 19, th
HARPENDEN Music Makers and their audience braved icy conditions for a charity concert before Christmas.
Despite the weather, which threatened to stop some members of the choir and the audience from getting to Harpenden Methodist Church, on December 19, the Music Makers' Celebration of a Georgian Christmas raised �2,270 for the local branch of the Samaritans.
The concert also featured the St Hilda's School choir and guest soloist and local resident Catherine Denley.
The cheque was handed over to Ros Pomeroy on behalf of the Harpenden and Luton branch of Samaritans by the chair of Harpenden Music Makers Dorothy Broughton.
You may also want to watch:
Over 100 volunteers are attached to the branch, many of whom come from Harpenden and it currently costs around �28,000 per year to run.
Ros said: "This is a great deal of money to raise each year, especially as we are an independent unaided charity affiliated to the national organisation. We are so grateful for everything that people can give us so we can continue to offer the service that, sadly, so many people need.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield