Harpenden Music Makers get a Handel on Mozart
- Credit: Archant
MUSIC Makers are planning to get A Handel on Mozart at their Spring concert in Harpenden High Street Methodist Church next Saturday, April 27.
Under the direction of musical director Christopher Hann, the choir has been encouraged to tackle more challenging works which have been well received by audience members.
For the concert, the choir will be joined by professional soloists and a string ensemble.
The concert opens with Mozart’s Ave Verum followed by Handel’s definitive oratorio, Dixit Dominus, completed in April 1707 during his sojourn in Italy. It concludes with Mozart’s Vespers which includes the soprano solo, Laudate Dominum.
The audience is invited to stay on for refreshments, included in the ticket price.
The concert begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £12, with concessions £10 and students £5, available from Brian Woods on 01582 761528, on the door or from the website www.harpendenmusicmakersevents.ticketsource.co.uk
n Harpenden Music Makers are currently recruiting new tenors and are urging anyone who enjoys singing and would like to join in an informal rehearsal to contact Brian Woods on the number above.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 7 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
The choir sings a wide range of music, from major works through modern/light music to Christmas carols.