Harpenden Gang Show in the audience
- Credit: Archant
The 36th annual St Albans Scout and Guide runs until Saturday at the Alban Arena. The Herts Advertiser is running an exclusive blog from some of the 100 cast members during the production
Thursday night’s show was brilliant - I think it was even better than the opening night! Even though I’ve been in the cast for three years I still get nervous but also really excited as we get ready to put on the show at the Alban Arena.
We had special guests watching the show last night - the invited VIPs, including a reporter from the Herts Ad, and a group from Harpenden Gang Show. We have a good friendly rivalry and so we had put special jokes into the show about them. We could hear them laughing and cheering!
My Guide group, the 12th and 21st St Albans Guides, were in the audience on Wednesday and they had made a special banner with me name and my friend Olivia’s on it which was lovely.
This year was different for me because as well as being in the singing and dancing numbers, I had a part in a front of curtain item - a comedy sketch. It was based around a district commissioner not being able to carry their bag and I have to sing part of a song on my own. It went really well on Thursday and I really enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
We’ve been rehearsing since September and the rehearsals are all part of the fun of being in the Gang Show. The rehearsals are hard work but they’re also great fun and over the past three years I have made lots of new friends.
This year’s show is full of energy, full of colour and full of fun. I really don’t want it to end!
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy