Harpenden Gallery in festive mood for Rory
FOR the sixth year in succession, a Harpenden gallery is holding its annual Rory Browne-Fest during July.
The A&K Wilson Gallery in Station Approach is hosting the exhibition of Rory’s work and owner Andrew Wilson said there had been big changes over the years.
He explained: “I’ve known Rory for many years and have been dealing in his work for just as long so I take a keen personal and professional interest in the evolution of his work.
“Thankfully being a bit of an anorak, I have also kept his brochures going back over the last decade and so looking at this current exhibition I can take something of an overview. It’s really interesting to see how Rory’s work has progressed and changed both in style and media.”
The biggest change came a few years ago when when Rory branched out into painting in oils on canvas which allowed him to paint on a much bigger scale. The exhibition includes Living Water which, at 60ins x 48ins, is his largest painting to date.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the changes in his work Rory, who is head of art at St George’s School in Harpenden, is consistent in his draughtmanship. He said: “I enjoy adding layers to a piece and building a richness through collage but the starting point of my work will always remain my drawing.”
Further details about the exhibition can be found at www.akwilsongallery.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 5 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears