Open-air cinema screenings returning to Harpenden Common this summer
- Credit: Alan Davies
Outdoor cinema is set to return to Harpenden this summer.
Harpenden Common will host open-air screenings of Rocketman, Grease and Pretty Woman in September.
The Luna Cinema in partnership with American Express will be showing three nights of movies on the Common from Thursday, September 2 to Saturday, September 4, 2021.
Film fans can watch Elton John musical biopic Rocketman starring Taron Egerton as the legendary singer at the St Albans Road site in Hertfordshire on September 2.
It's Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in romantic comedy Pretty Woman the following night – Friday, September 3.
You can then enjoy a summer night under the stars with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John as Danny Zuko and Sandy respectively in Grease on Saturday, September 4.
The open-air movie screenings will start around 8pm, with doors at 6.30pm.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
Tickets go on general sale tomorrow (Friday, May 7) at 10am.