Harpenden church choir on song
A NEW church girls choir is to start in September following a major change in the way that music is used there. Jonathan P Eyre joined the staff at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden in early May and in the two months he has been in post, he has made a huge
A NEW church girls' choir is to start in September following a major change in the way that music is used there.
Jonathan P Eyre joined the staff at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden in early May and in the two months he has been in post, he has made a huge impact on the choir.
Taking over from the church's long-serving organist Eric Pask was never going to be an easy task but within the first months he had made his mark and worked with other church choirs in the local area - including directing the massed choirs from the Deanery churches at a joint service.
He has been working with the boys' and adult choirs since taking up the post and is now looking forward to the challenge of starting a girls' choir in September.
He said his vision was to operate two choirs with the boys continuing their singing on Sunday mornings and at Evensong and the girls' choir singing at a midweek Evensong and the occasional Sunday.
Auditions for both boys and girls have been held this week but more information can be obtained from Jonathan on 07894 279779.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival