Harpenden church choir on song
A NEW church girls choir is to start in September following a major change in the way that music is used there. Jonathan P Eyre joined the staff at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden in early May and in the two months he has been in post, he has made a huge
A NEW church girls' choir is to start in September following a major change in the way that music is used there.
Jonathan P Eyre joined the staff at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden in early May and in the two months he has been in post, he has made a huge impact on the choir.
Taking over from the church's long-serving organist Eric Pask was never going to be an easy task but within the first months he had made his mark and worked with other church choirs in the local area - including directing the massed choirs from the Deanery churches at a joint service.
He has been working with the boys' and adult choirs since taking up the post and is now looking forward to the challenge of starting a girls' choir in September.
You may also want to watch:
He said his vision was to operate two choirs with the boys continuing their singing on Sunday mornings and at Evensong and the girls' choir singing at a midweek Evensong and the occasional Sunday.
Auditions for both boys and girls have been held this week but more information can be obtained from Jonathan on 07894 279779.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly