Harpenden church choir on song
A NEW church girls choir is to start in September following a major change in the way that music is used there. Jonathan P Eyre joined the staff at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden in early May and in the two months he has been in post, he has made a huge
A NEW church girls' choir is to start in September following a major change in the way that music is used there.
Jonathan P Eyre joined the staff at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden in early May and in the two months he has been in post, he has made a huge impact on the choir.
Taking over from the church's long-serving organist Eric Pask was never going to be an easy task but within the first months he had made his mark and worked with other church choirs in the local area - including directing the massed choirs from the Deanery churches at a joint service.
He has been working with the boys' and adult choirs since taking up the post and is now looking forward to the challenge of starting a girls' choir in September.
You may also want to watch:
He said his vision was to operate two choirs with the boys continuing their singing on Sunday mornings and at Evensong and the girls' choir singing at a midweek Evensong and the occasional Sunday.
Auditions for both boys and girls have been held this week but more information can be obtained from Jonathan on 07894 279779.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans