Want to sing with a choir? Harpenden Choral Society is hosting an open rehearsal
- Credit: Harpenden Choral Society
Fancy singing with a thriving and friendly amateur choir?
Harpenden Choral Society is holding an open rehearsal of Haydn's Creation later this month.
The rehearsal will take place at the United Reformed Church in Vaughan Road, Harpenden, on Tuesday, September 21.
Choir members are delighted to be restarting face-to-face rehearsals after a year of Zoom meetings.
The choir’s musical director, John Andrews, will be conducting the open rehearsal.
Membership secretary Marion Oxley said: “We are all looking forward to getting back to singing together again and, The Creation, which is so uplifting, is a perfect choice after such a difficult 18 months.
"Anyone wishing to come and join us will receive a warm welcome.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
There is no charge for this rehearsal, scores will be provided and COVID mitigations are in place.
Anyone interested in joining the choir is invited to arrive at 7.45pm for an 8pm start.
Singers are welcome to contact Marion Oxley on 01582 832900 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Harpenden Choral Society's plans for the forthcoming season include Haydn’s Creation in November, carol concerts in December, a collaboration with Onyx Brass in March and Rossini’s Stabat Mater in June.
Full details of the forthcoming programme and more information can be found on the choir’s website www.harpendenchoralsociety.org
Formed in 1975, Harpenden Choral Society has an established reputation for high quality performances to audiences in Harpenden and the local area, singing works from all periods.
With currently around 70 members, the society holds three major concerts a year, as well as a carol concert at Christmas.