Harpenden Choral Society issues Requiem invitation for veterans and beginners
- Credit: Archant
Rehearse and perform one of Faure’s most beautiful and popular works is the invitation from Harpenden Choral Society next weekend.
The society are inviting members of the public to join them for the chance to experience rehearsing and performing the Fauré Requiem next Saturday, January 23, at the Harpenden High Street Methodist Church.
The performance will be conducted by musical director, John Andrews, with piano accompaniment by Vivien Powles.
Those who have sung the Fauré Requiem before are invited to dig out their score, bring it along, and sing it again. Those who have never sung it or sung with a choral group before would also be welcome.
The ability to read music would be an advantage and scores and refreshments will be provided. The concert from approximately 6.30pm is free and open to all.
You may also want to watch:
Registration is at 1.30pm with rehearsals from 2.30pm to 5.30pm with a short break and then an hour’s break for tea, cakes and sandwiches before the performance.
Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for students, which includes refreshments and afternoon tea. For further information and to book email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01582 419379.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high