Harpenden Choral Society issues Requiem invitation for veterans and beginners
- Credit: Archant
Rehearse and perform one of Faure’s most beautiful and popular works is the invitation from Harpenden Choral Society next weekend.
The society are inviting members of the public to join them for the chance to experience rehearsing and performing the Fauré Requiem next Saturday, January 23, at the Harpenden High Street Methodist Church.
The performance will be conducted by musical director, John Andrews, with piano accompaniment by Vivien Powles.
Those who have sung the Fauré Requiem before are invited to dig out their score, bring it along, and sing it again. Those who have never sung it or sung with a choral group before would also be welcome.
The ability to read music would be an advantage and scores and refreshments will be provided. The concert from approximately 6.30pm is free and open to all.
You may also want to watch:
Registration is at 1.30pm with rehearsals from 2.30pm to 5.30pm with a short break and then an hour’s break for tea, cakes and sandwiches before the performance.
Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for students, which includes refreshments and afternoon tea. For further information and to book email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01582 419379.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End