Harpenden Choral Society issues Requiem invitation for veterans and beginners
- Credit: Archant
Rehearse and perform one of Faure’s most beautiful and popular works is the invitation from Harpenden Choral Society next weekend.
The society are inviting members of the public to join them for the chance to experience rehearsing and performing the Fauré Requiem next Saturday, January 23, at the Harpenden High Street Methodist Church.
The performance will be conducted by musical director, John Andrews, with piano accompaniment by Vivien Powles.
Those who have sung the Fauré Requiem before are invited to dig out their score, bring it along, and sing it again. Those who have never sung it or sung with a choral group before would also be welcome.
The ability to read music would be an advantage and scores and refreshments will be provided. The concert from approximately 6.30pm is free and open to all.
Registration is at 1.30pm with rehearsals from 2.30pm to 5.30pm with a short break and then an hour’s break for tea, cakes and sandwiches before the performance.
Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for students, which includes refreshments and afternoon tea. For further information and to book email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01582 419379.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time