Harpenden children's theatre group set fair to do Ron
A PASTICHE of two famous musicals will be performed by over 200 children belonging to a local dance and theatre group next week. The Hurst Children s Theatre Group, made up of three to 16-year-olds, will be presenting their musical comedy Me and My Ron at
A PASTICHE of two famous musicals will be performed by over 200 children belonging to a local dance and theatre group next week.
The Hurst Children's Theatre Group, made up of three to 16-year-olds, will be presenting their musical comedy Me and My Ron at the Harpenden Public Halls from Friday to Saturday, July 17, 18 and 19.
Jonas Hurst set up the Harpenden branch of the group more than four years ago. His three sisters have also continued the name of the theatre group, which was established by their grandmother over 50 years ago.
He wrote the latest play for his group with the help of his famous record-producing and musician father, Mike Hurst, who also set up his own group.
Jonas described the new show as "a loving pastiche of the Noel Gay musical Me and My Girl, with a bit of My Fair Lady thrown in for good measure."
The story tells of a young girl from Lambeth called Rita who discovers that she is a duchess and inherits a fortune, manor house and a barmy aristocratic family to match. But she fails to fit in and her boyfriend Ron wants nothing to do with her new way of life. Throw in the scheming Lady Cynthia, crazy Uncle Aubrey, the Cockneys, Pearly Kings and Queens, along with a famous musical playwright, and madness ensues.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
The performances will take place at 7pm on Friday, 2pm and 7pm on Saturday and 2pm on Sunday.
Call 01582 840245 to book your tickets, which cost �8 for adults and �5 for concessions.
Visit www.hurstchildrenstheatregroup.co.uk for more information.