Harpenden children's theatre group set fair to do Ron
A PASTICHE of two famous musicals will be performed by over 200 children belonging to a local dance and theatre group next week. The Hurst Children s Theatre Group, made up of three to 16-year-olds, will be presenting their musical comedy Me and My Ron at
A PASTICHE of two famous musicals will be performed by over 200 children belonging to a local dance and theatre group next week.
The Hurst Children's Theatre Group, made up of three to 16-year-olds, will be presenting their musical comedy Me and My Ron at the Harpenden Public Halls from Friday to Saturday, July 17, 18 and 19.
Jonas Hurst set up the Harpenden branch of the group more than four years ago. His three sisters have also continued the name of the theatre group, which was established by their grandmother over 50 years ago.
He wrote the latest play for his group with the help of his famous record-producing and musician father, Mike Hurst, who also set up his own group.
You may also want to watch:
Jonas described the new show as "a loving pastiche of the Noel Gay musical Me and My Girl, with a bit of My Fair Lady thrown in for good measure."
The story tells of a young girl from Lambeth called Rita who discovers that she is a duchess and inherits a fortune, manor house and a barmy aristocratic family to match. But she fails to fit in and her boyfriend Ron wants nothing to do with her new way of life. Throw in the scheming Lady Cynthia, crazy Uncle Aubrey, the Cockneys, Pearly Kings and Queens, along with a famous musical playwright, and madness ensues.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
The performances will take place at 7pm on Friday, 2pm and 7pm on Saturday and 2pm on Sunday.
Call 01582 840245 to book your tickets, which cost �8 for adults and �5 for concessions.
Visit www.hurstchildrenstheatregroup.co.uk for more information.