Harpenden Carnival is cancelled for second year
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Carnival has been cancelled for the second year running.
Government restrictions and the stages of the Covid roadmap means it will not be possible to deliver the event as planned in June, as it requires a significant preparation period.
The event is run by Harpenden Town Council and Round Table, and is one of several major events which take place in the town each year.
The town council is committed to delivering a bigger and better carnival in 2022.
Before this takes place, other events are planned for when restrictions are relaxed, including the return of the Harpenden Food and Drink Festival on Saturday September 18, bringing together businesses from the local area for a wide range of food and drink stalls and cookery demonstrations, while children’s activities, live entertainment, and much more.
You may also want to watch:
Details of all forthcoming Harpenden events will be publicised by the Herts Advertiser.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area