Hardynge Choir spring into action at Harpenden church
A SPRING concert by the Hardynge Choir is being held in Harpenden High Street Methodist Church next Saturday, April 4. It will feature Rossini s Petite Messe Solennelle, a satisfying work on a number of levels which manages to be both pious and solemn whi
A SPRING concert by the Hardynge Choir is being held in Harpenden High Street Methodist Church next Saturday, April 4.
It will feature Rossini's Petite Messe Solennelle, a satisfying work on a number of levels which manages to be both pious and solemn while at the same time having moments of operatic intensity.
As well as providing a moving experience, the work provides an opportunity to see and hear the rarely-used harmonium.
The concert starts at 7.30pm and the choir will be conducted by Catherine Beddison. The soloists will be soprano Elizabeth Cragg, alto Lorna Perry, tenor Pascal Charbonneau and bass Daniel Jordan. On the piano will be Anna Hair and Mark Jordan will play harmonium.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �12 and �10 reserved, �8 unreserved and �5 for students and children, available from the ticket secretary on 0845 0583912.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure