Hardynge Choir getting festive at Harpenden Church
A CHRISTMAS concert is being given by the Hardynge Choir in Harpenden next Saturday evening, December 5. The concert, which starts at 7.30pm in the High Street Methodist Church, features conductor Catherine Beddison, soloists Angela Henckel and Karen Fils
A CHRISTMAS concert is being given by the Hardynge Choir in Harpenden next Saturday evening, December 5.
The concert, which starts at 7.30pm in the High Street Methodist Church, features conductor Catherine Beddison, soloists Angela Henckel and Karen Filsell, both soprano, Joseph Bolger, counter tenor, Oliver Tarney, tenor, and John Ward, bass. The Amadeus Orchestra will be led by Jennifer Wigram.
The choir will be performing Messe De Minuit Pour Noel by Marc-Antoine Charpentier, considered to be one of the most outstanding musicians of the late 17th century in France.
They will also tackle Vivaldi's Gloria with its distinctive melodies and rhythms which was composed around 1715 for the choir of Ospedale della Pieta, an orphanage for young girls.
You may also want to watch:
The third piece is Christmas Concerta by Corelli, a work published posthumously in 1714 and bearing the inscription Fatto per la note di Natale meaning Made for Christmas Night.
Tickets for the concert are �12 and �10, both unreserved, and �5 for students and under-16s, available from the ticket secretary on 01582 763113.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?