Hal Cruttenden at St Albans comedy club
HAL Cruttenden has supported some great comics but on Monday he will take his turn as the headline act at a St Albans comedy club.
The last time Hal was in the city was in November when he supported Rob Brydon at the Alban Arena as part of sell-out national tour which ended with a West End run.
It was just part of a busy year for Hal which ended in a critically-acclaimed appearance on the Royal Variety Performance at the Blackpool Opera House which was televised. He is now about to support Michael McIntyre on this year’s Comedy Roadshow.
Audiences have warmed to Hal for being unashamedly middle class, nearly middle aged, a little rotund and the complete antidote to the laddishness and swagger of other rising stars.
He will be the headline act at Funny First Mondays at the Waterend Barn where he will be joined by the winner of the 2009 Comedy Store Gong Show, Don Biswas, whose gags draw on his Asperger’s Syndrome and his Indian heritage.
You may also want to watch:
Also in support will be Lewis Bryan and Catie Wilkins together with Paul Revill, a recent and fully-fledged graduate of the Funny First Mondays comedy course, and St Albans’ own Chris Norton Walker.
Guest MC at the comedy evening which gets underway at 8pm will be Mike Belgrave.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Admission is �5 via www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or at the door.