Hal Cruttenden at St Albans comedy club
HAL Cruttenden has supported some great comics but on Monday he will take his turn as the headline act at a St Albans comedy club.
The last time Hal was in the city was in November when he supported Rob Brydon at the Alban Arena as part of sell-out national tour which ended with a West End run.
It was just part of a busy year for Hal which ended in a critically-acclaimed appearance on the Royal Variety Performance at the Blackpool Opera House which was televised. He is now about to support Michael McIntyre on this year’s Comedy Roadshow.
Audiences have warmed to Hal for being unashamedly middle class, nearly middle aged, a little rotund and the complete antidote to the laddishness and swagger of other rising stars.
He will be the headline act at Funny First Mondays at the Waterend Barn where he will be joined by the winner of the 2009 Comedy Store Gong Show, Don Biswas, whose gags draw on his Asperger’s Syndrome and his Indian heritage.
Also in support will be Lewis Bryan and Catie Wilkins together with Paul Revill, a recent and fully-fledged graduate of the Funny First Mondays comedy course, and St Albans’ own Chris Norton Walker.
Guest MC at the comedy evening which gets underway at 8pm will be Mike Belgrave.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Woman 'sexually assaulted by two men' near River Lea in Wheathampstead
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Admission is �5 via www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or at the door.