Gyles and G*Mania on the Alban Arena agenda
WORDSMITH and notorious name-dropper Gyles Brandreth brings his One to One show to the Alban Arena next Thursday evening, February 10.
The tour by the former MP, government whip, journalist, author, broadcaster, actor and businessman follows the success of his sell-out run at The Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
It promises 60 minutes of gags, gossip and revelations about some of the stars Gyles has met – without hesitation, repetition and just a hint of deviation.
Gyles is a regular on Radio Four’s Just A Minute, a familiar face on QI and Have I Got News For You and a reporter on BBC 1’s The One Show.
A former MP and Lord Commissioner of the Treasury in John Major’s government, he has published diaries, a best-selling biography of the Queen, fiction and non-fiction.
You may also want to watch:
Gyles comes on stage at 8pm and tickets at �16 are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
Stars from shows such as The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent and Pop Idol have come together to create reality TV’s ultimate pop group for a concert of songs inspired by the smash-hit phenomenon Glee.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
G*Mania, which can be seen at the Arena at 7.30pm next Friday, February 11, features the likes of Andy Scott Lee from Pop Idol, Rikki Loney and Stacey McClean (X Factor), Shaun Smith (Britain’s Got Talent), Anthony Kavanagh (Grease is the Word) and Emma Beard (Pop Star – The Rivals).
Directed by acclaimed choreographer David Wood, the show features new arrangements of such classic tracks as Don’t Stop Believin’ and Gold Digger.
Tickets are �23.50 and �21.50.
n The latest masterpiece from director Mike Leigh, Another Year, is being shown at the Arena at 1.30pm and 7.30pm next Wednesday, February 9.
A married couple (Ruth Sheen and Jim Broadbent) who have managed to remain blissfully happy into their autumn years, are surrounded, over the course of the four seasons of one average year, by family, friends and colleagues who all seem to suffer some degree of unhappiness.
Tickets are �6 with concessions �2 off for the evening showing and �4 plus tea and biscuits for the matinee.
n An appearance by psychic Sally Morgan at the Arena next Tuesday, February 8, has almost sold out but she is appearing again on Tuesday, June 7.