Guy Tortora Band at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
AN EVENING of acoustic and electric roots, Americana and blues is being held at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, April 27.
Shades of Blues will feature The Guy Tortora Band with support from Lewis Cohen.
Born and raised in Pasadena, California, Guy Tortora is a writer and performer of original music combining roots, Americana and blues and interprets songs by other writers in those genres.
An accomplished guitar player and a talented songwriter on both acoustic and electric guitars, he plays finger style and is a bottleneck and slide player.
With the band he has performed live with artists as diverse as Eric Clapton, Pee Wee Ellis, John Cleary, Eric Bibb and Paul Jones, host of BBC Radio 2’s Rhythm and Blues show.
Support comes from Lewis Cohen blending classic pre-war country and acoustic blues music with self-penned material. His vocals and distinctive slide guitar playing have brought critical acclaim for his live and recorded work alike.
The music gets underway at 8.15pm and tickets are £12.50, available in advance from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone from 0844 8700 887 or in person at St Albans Tourist and Information Centre at the Town Hall.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic
They will also be available on the door.