Guy Tortora Band at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
AN EVENING of acoustic and electric roots, Americana and blues is being held at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, April 27.
Shades of Blues will feature The Guy Tortora Band with support from Lewis Cohen.
Born and raised in Pasadena, California, Guy Tortora is a writer and performer of original music combining roots, Americana and blues and interprets songs by other writers in those genres.
An accomplished guitar player and a talented songwriter on both acoustic and electric guitars, he plays finger style and is a bottleneck and slide player.
With the band he has performed live with artists as diverse as Eric Clapton, Pee Wee Ellis, John Cleary, Eric Bibb and Paul Jones, host of BBC Radio 2’s Rhythm and Blues show.
You may also want to watch:
Support comes from Lewis Cohen blending classic pre-war country and acoustic blues music with self-penned material. His vocals and distinctive slide guitar playing have brought critical acclaim for his live and recorded work alike.
The music gets underway at 8.15pm and tickets are £12.50, available in advance from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone from 0844 8700 887 or in person at St Albans Tourist and Information Centre at the Town Hall.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
They will also be available on the door.