Guy Tortora Band at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
AN EVENING of acoustic and electric roots, Americana and blues is being held at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, April 27.
Shades of Blues will feature The Guy Tortora Band with support from Lewis Cohen.
Born and raised in Pasadena, California, Guy Tortora is a writer and performer of original music combining roots, Americana and blues and interprets songs by other writers in those genres.
An accomplished guitar player and a talented songwriter on both acoustic and electric guitars, he plays finger style and is a bottleneck and slide player.
With the band he has performed live with artists as diverse as Eric Clapton, Pee Wee Ellis, John Cleary, Eric Bibb and Paul Jones, host of BBC Radio 2’s Rhythm and Blues show.
You may also want to watch:
Support comes from Lewis Cohen blending classic pre-war country and acoustic blues music with self-penned material. His vocals and distinctive slide guitar playing have brought critical acclaim for his live and recorded work alike.
The music gets underway at 8.15pm and tickets are £12.50, available in advance from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone from 0844 8700 887 or in person at St Albans Tourist and Information Centre at the Town Hall.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
They will also be available on the door.