Guitarist from The Alarm at The Horn, St Albans
CO-FOUNDER and guitarist of eighties rock band The Alarm, Dave Sharp, plays a solo gig at The Horn in St Albans next Friday, February 3.
The Alarm toured with Bob Dylan and succeeded in entering the American popular consciousness despite being a British rock band.
Prior to the departure of the band’s lead singer in 1991, Dave Sharp had already set about capturing the American market including appearing in front of an audience of 25,000 in Central Park to celebrate the 80th birthday of Woody Guthrie.
He recorded his second solo album in San Francisco in 1996 from which two underground hits emerged before returning to the UK in 2002 to record his third solo album, The Power of Soul.
Sharp’s solo albums have received critical acclaim on both sides of the Atlantic and he has appeared alongside the likes of Kris Kristofferson, Bill Munroe and Porter Wagoner.
You may also want to watch:
His music has been described as everything from folk and blues to rock, country and punk,
Tickets for the gig are �5 available from www.thehorn.co.uk or over the bar. Support comes from local band My Little Empire.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall