Guilty Pleasures and Carnage at the Alban Arena
LAUGH out loud comedy comes to the Alban Arena stage next week with Guilty Pleasures set in a ladies only health spa.
Following the success of The Naked Truth! it follows the comic misadventures of bold and brazen spa owner GC and his staff of fantasy men.
They try to fulfil the special requests of their demanding female clients – until things start to get out of control.
Guilty Pleasures, which can be seen at 8pm next Monday and Tuesday, April 23 and 24, features David Van Day from I’m a Celebrity and Dollar as the hapless GC, West End leading man and TV personality Darren Day as heart-throb Gordon, Craig Chalmers, Scottish star of Joseph, as Tommy and Egghead C J de Mooi playing the passionate intellectual Simon.
It also stars Pauline Fleming (Coronation Street) as the sophisticated Mrs M and the long-suffering Tilly is played by Terri Dwyer, star of Hollyoaks and former presenter of Loose Women.
Tickets are �18.50 available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
An Extravaganza On Ice brings international ice skaters to the Arena at 8pm next Friday, April 27.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
The show, starring magician Michael White and his assistant and contortionist Holan, features high-energy skating routines combined with the excitement of Bollywood, Africa, Spain and Ireland, culminating in a Las Vegas-style showgirl finale.
Tickets are �15 with under-16s �12.50.
Reggae band Aswad open Boogie Nights at the Arena from 8pm next Saturday, April 28.
A party night with bars on all three floors, it also features soul legend Alexander O’Neal and multi-platinum hit makers Heatwave. Tickets are �27.50.
n Roman Polanski’s acclaimed film Carnage will be screened at 1.30pm and 7.30pm next Wednesday, April 25, at the Arena.
Starring Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster and Christoph Waltz, the comedy follows two pairs of parents as they hold a cordial meeting after their sons are involved in a fight. But as their time together progresses, increasingly childish behaviour throws the evening into chaos.
Tickets are �5 for the matinee and �7 with concessions �5 for the evening performance.