Great Gatsby at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
FOLLOWING an acclaimed tour across Europe, Tour de Force Theatre Company returns to the UK with a performance of its stage adaptation The Great Gatsby in St Albans on Sunday evening.
The performance will take place at the Maltings Arts Theatre from 6pm before the show goes to London and the Isle of Man.
Published in 1925, the Scott Fitzgerald novel takes place following the First World War, at a time when American society enjoyed prosperity during the “roaring” 1920s.
The novel graphically portrays a society being destroyed by money and dishonesty, an American Dream of happiness and individualism degenerating into the pursuit of wealth.
The obvious contemporary relevance is made clear in the new stage adaptation by Tour De Force which is filled with live jazz music from the 1920s sung a cappella.
You may also want to watch:
Five actors perform The Great Gatsby, which has been touring theatres across Europe since last September.
Tickets are �12.50, available from the box office on 07807 521436 or via www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre