Great Gatsby at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
FOLLOWING an acclaimed tour across Europe, Tour de Force Theatre Company returns to the UK with a performance of its stage adaptation The Great Gatsby in St Albans on Sunday evening.
The performance will take place at the Maltings Arts Theatre from 6pm before the show goes to London and the Isle of Man.
Published in 1925, the Scott Fitzgerald novel takes place following the First World War, at a time when American society enjoyed prosperity during the “roaring” 1920s.
The novel graphically portrays a society being destroyed by money and dishonesty, an American Dream of happiness and individualism degenerating into the pursuit of wealth.
The obvious contemporary relevance is made clear in the new stage adaptation by Tour De Force which is filled with live jazz music from the 1920s sung a cappella.
You may also want to watch:
Five actors perform The Great Gatsby, which has been touring theatres across Europe since last September.
Tickets are �12.50, available from the box office on 07807 521436 or via www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only