Graphic Novel Review: All-New All-Different Avengers: The Magnificent Seven
- Credit: Archant
It’s time for a new team of Avengers...
Thor, Iron Man, the Vision, Captain America Spider-Man, Ms Marvel and Nova… Sounds like an A-list line-up of superhero talent doesn’t it? But things aren’t what you expect in this particular roster, as it truly lives up to the “All-New All-Different” mantra.
Tony Stark may still be wearing the red and gold armour of Iron Man, but he’s joined by the female Thor, a rebooted Vision, Sam Wilson’s Cap, and the second generation versions of Spidey (Miles Morales), Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan) and Nova (Sam Alexander).
The creation of a new team of Avengers in the wake of Secret Wars and a subsequent alien attack not only fills a void which exists in the Marvel Universe, but it also provides an on-the-job training ground for some of the young guns now operating as costumed adventurers.
You may also want to watch:
With the older Avengers acting as mentors for their new teammates, the focus here is definitely on the interaction between the diverse mix of characters, and as such it echoes the classic days of Avengers past, when largely raw and untested heroes were given the chance to prove themselves alongside seasoned professionals.
But even as they celebrate the success of their first mission, elements are conspiring behind the scenes which could tear this new team of Avengers asunder, and the biggest threat comes from within…
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Fresh from his acclaimed run on Daredevil, writer Mark Waid is firing on all cylinders after being given the opportunity to launch his very own team of Avengers. Sure, this line-up is a bit different from those we’ve seen in the past, but that takes nothing away from its diversity and dynamism, and if anything we could be looking at the dawn of a new golden age for Marvel’s premier team of heroes.