Grandeur and drama from Harpenden Choral Society and the Kings Sinfonietta
- Credit: Archant
Some of Mozart and Handel’s most enduring works feature at a concert in Harpenden next Saturday, November 19.
Entitled The Glorious Company – Music by Handel and Mozart for Voices and Orchestra, the concert finds Harpenden Choral Society and the Kings Sinfonietta joining forces once again from 7.30pm at the town’s High Street Methodist Church.
Conducted by John Andrews, the programme showcases the talents of soprano Jeni Bern, alto Helen Charlston, tenor Nathan Vale, and baritone Nicholas Lester with Roger Carter on the organ.
The concert begins with the orchestral processional from Handel’s Solomon oratorio, The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, followed by the full choral grandeur of Mozart’s Coronation Mass in C and ‘concerto’ for solo soprano and orchestra, Exsultate Jubilate.
It finishes with Handel’s triumphant celebration of King George II’s victory at the Battle of Dettingen, The Dettingen Te Deum.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 for adults, £5 for children and students, available from Creature Comforts, in Vaughan Road, Harpenden from box office manager Tricia Beavis on 01582 419379 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans