Grandeur and drama from Harpenden Choral Society and the Kings Sinfonietta
- Credit: Archant
Some of Mozart and Handel’s most enduring works feature at a concert in Harpenden next Saturday, November 19.
Entitled The Glorious Company – Music by Handel and Mozart for Voices and Orchestra, the concert finds Harpenden Choral Society and the Kings Sinfonietta joining forces once again from 7.30pm at the town’s High Street Methodist Church.
Conducted by John Andrews, the programme showcases the talents of soprano Jeni Bern, alto Helen Charlston, tenor Nathan Vale, and baritone Nicholas Lester with Roger Carter on the organ.
The concert begins with the orchestral processional from Handel’s Solomon oratorio, The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, followed by the full choral grandeur of Mozart’s Coronation Mass in C and ‘concerto’ for solo soprano and orchestra, Exsultate Jubilate.
It finishes with Handel’s triumphant celebration of King George II’s victory at the Battle of Dettingen, The Dettingen Te Deum.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 for adults, £5 for children and students, available from Creature Comforts, in Vaughan Road, Harpenden from box office manager Tricia Beavis on 01582 419379 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End