Gorillaz concert at The Alban Arena in St Albans tonight
- Credit: Archant
Gorillaz will play a warm-up concert for their forthcoming Demon Dayz Festival in St Albans tonight
Blur frontman Damon Albarn’s virtual band will appear at The Alban Arena this evening (Friday, June 2).
The venue is urging ticket holders to arrive early from 6pm for security checks, although exact stage times are not yet known.
The Alban Arena tweeted earlier today: “We haven’t been given any stage times, doors open at 7pm.
“Please arrive with plenty of time for security checks.”
You may also want to watch:
Gorillaz is singer 2D, bassist Murdoc Niccals, guitarist Noodle and drummer Russel Hobbs.
Created by Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett, their acclaimed eponymous debut album was released in 2001.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
The BRIT and Grammy Award-winning band’s subsequent albums are Demon Days (2005), Plastic Beach (2010) and The Fall (2011).
Tonight’s sold-out St Albans show follows the release of Humanz, the band’s first new studio album in seven years, to widespread critical acclaim.
The 14-track album has a stellar line-up of featured artists including Jehnny Beth (Savages), Danny Brown, Benjamin Clementine, De La Soul, D.R.A.M., Peven Everett, Anthony Hamilton, Grace Jones, Zebra Katz, Kelela, Mavis Staples, Vince Staples, Popcaan, Pusha T, Jamie Principle and Kali Uchis among others.
Gorillaz will headline the inaugural Demon Dayz Festival at Margate’s Dreamland theme park on Saturday, June 10.
The Humanz Tour will see Murdoc (bass), Noodle (guitar), Russel Hobbs (drums) and 2D (vocals) joined on stage by the Gorillaz live band – Damon Albarn, Gabriel Wallace, Mike Smith, Jesse Hackett, Jeff Wootton, Karl Vanden Bossche and Seye Adelekan – as well as selected performers from the roll call of Gorillaz’ family of featured artists.
• Are you going to see Gorillaz at The Alban Arena tonight? Tweet your pictures and reviews to @alpdavies using the hashtag #Gorillaz or email email@example.com