Gorillaz concert at The Alban Arena in St Albans tonight
- Credit: Archant
Gorillaz will play a warm-up concert for their forthcoming Demon Dayz Festival in St Albans tonight
Blur frontman Damon Albarn’s virtual band will appear at The Alban Arena this evening (Friday, June 2).
The venue is urging ticket holders to arrive early from 6pm for security checks, although exact stage times are not yet known.
The Alban Arena tweeted earlier today: “We haven’t been given any stage times, doors open at 7pm.
“Please arrive with plenty of time for security checks.”
You may also want to watch:
Gorillaz is singer 2D, bassist Murdoc Niccals, guitarist Noodle and drummer Russel Hobbs.
Created by Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett, their acclaimed eponymous debut album was released in 2001.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The BRIT and Grammy Award-winning band’s subsequent albums are Demon Days (2005), Plastic Beach (2010) and The Fall (2011).
Tonight’s sold-out St Albans show follows the release of Humanz, the band’s first new studio album in seven years, to widespread critical acclaim.
The 14-track album has a stellar line-up of featured artists including Jehnny Beth (Savages), Danny Brown, Benjamin Clementine, De La Soul, D.R.A.M., Peven Everett, Anthony Hamilton, Grace Jones, Zebra Katz, Kelela, Mavis Staples, Vince Staples, Popcaan, Pusha T, Jamie Principle and Kali Uchis among others.
Gorillaz will headline the inaugural Demon Dayz Festival at Margate’s Dreamland theme park on Saturday, June 10.
The Humanz Tour will see Murdoc (bass), Noodle (guitar), Russel Hobbs (drums) and 2D (vocals) joined on stage by the Gorillaz live band – Damon Albarn, Gabriel Wallace, Mike Smith, Jesse Hackett, Jeff Wootton, Karl Vanden Bossche and Seye Adelekan – as well as selected performers from the roll call of Gorillaz’ family of featured artists.
• Are you going to see Gorillaz at The Alban Arena tonight? Tweet your pictures and reviews to @alpdavies using the hashtag #Gorillaz or email firstname.lastname@example.org