GolfSixes pro-am celebrities announced for Centurion Club tournament
- Credit: Getty Images
The celebrities playing next month’s pro-am ahead of the inaugural GolfSixes event at Centurion Club in St Albans have been announced.
There are just two weeks to go until GolfSixes, the revolutionary new short form of golf, arrives at Centurion Club from Friday, May 6 to Sunday, May 7, with tickets available now at www.golfsixes.com/tickets
Two-man teams from 16 different nations will compete over six holes with six different personalities at the festival of golf.
Players from Australia, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, India, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, The Netherlands, USA and Wales will compete against each other for a prize fund of €1 million as the six-hole circuit winds around an activity-packed fan zone.
Hosts Vernon Kay, Anna Whitely, Andrew Coltart, Nick Dougherty and Henni Zuel, and celebrity guest commentators including cricketer Kevin Pietersen and actress, singer and presenter Denise van Outen, will keep fans at the venue and at home up to date with the action.
On Friday May 5, eight celebrities will pair up with GolfSixes professionals to take on the six-hole circuit, which will kick-start a thrilling weekend of European Tour golf.
You may also want to watch:
Tournament co-host – and avid golf fan – Vernon Kay, will be joined by Hertfordshire-born footballer-turned-actor Vinnie Jones and horse racing legend Sir AP McCoy.
Former England cricketer Darren Gough, TV presenter Gethin Jones, former England rugby players Mike Tindall and Andy Gomarsall, and their Scottish counterpart Rory Lawson are also down to play.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images