Go Trainspotting at The Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Movie buffs can go Trainspotting in St Albans when the sequel to Danny Boyle’s hit film arrives at The Alban Arena.
Black comedy/drama T2 Trainspotting (18) can be seen on the cinema screen at The Alban Arena on Thursday, April 20 at 7.30pm.
Once again directed by Danny Boyle, the film reunites the ensemble cast of Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller and Robert Carlyle.
The sequel to 1996 film Trainspotting, T2 focuses again on the characters first created by Irvine Welsh in his novel of the same name.
Twenty years have gone by. Much has changed but just as much remains the same.
Mark Renton (Ewan McGregor) returns to the only place he can ever call home.
They’re waiting for him: Spud (Ewen Bremner), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller), and Begbie (Robert Carlyle).
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 Hemel Hempstead man wanted as part of assault investigation
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 5 St Albans one of the UK's top 10 most beautiful cities, says tiling firm
- 6 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 7 All trains cancelled between St Albans Abbey and Watford
- 8 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 9 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
Other old friends are waiting too: sorrow, loss, joy, vengeance, hatred, friendship, love, longing, fear, regret, diamorphine, self-destruction and mortal danger – they are all lined up to welcome him.
With a little over 20 years between the two movies, director Danny Boyle leads the viewer on a deliberately self-referential journey, with clips and music from the original release echoing through into the present.
Tickets for the screening cost £7, and £5 concessions.
• For tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk