Go Trainspotting at The Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Movie buffs can go Trainspotting in St Albans when the sequel to Danny Boyle’s hit film arrives at The Alban Arena.
Black comedy/drama T2 Trainspotting (18) can be seen on the cinema screen at The Alban Arena on Thursday, April 20 at 7.30pm.
Once again directed by Danny Boyle, the film reunites the ensemble cast of Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller and Robert Carlyle.
The sequel to 1996 film Trainspotting, T2 focuses again on the characters first created by Irvine Welsh in his novel of the same name.
Twenty years have gone by. Much has changed but just as much remains the same.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Renton (Ewan McGregor) returns to the only place he can ever call home.
They’re waiting for him: Spud (Ewen Bremner), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller), and Begbie (Robert Carlyle).
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Other old friends are waiting too: sorrow, loss, joy, vengeance, hatred, friendship, love, longing, fear, regret, diamorphine, self-destruction and mortal danger – they are all lined up to welcome him.
With a little over 20 years between the two movies, director Danny Boyle leads the viewer on a deliberately self-referential journey, with clips and music from the original release echoing through into the present.
Tickets for the screening cost £7, and £5 concessions.
• For tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk