Go Trainspotting at The Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Movie buffs can go Trainspotting in St Albans when the sequel to Danny Boyle’s hit film arrives at The Alban Arena.
Black comedy/drama T2 Trainspotting (18) can be seen on the cinema screen at The Alban Arena on Thursday, April 20 at 7.30pm.
Once again directed by Danny Boyle, the film reunites the ensemble cast of Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller and Robert Carlyle.
The sequel to 1996 film Trainspotting, T2 focuses again on the characters first created by Irvine Welsh in his novel of the same name.
Twenty years have gone by. Much has changed but just as much remains the same.
Mark Renton (Ewan McGregor) returns to the only place he can ever call home.
They’re waiting for him: Spud (Ewen Bremner), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller), and Begbie (Robert Carlyle).
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Other old friends are waiting too: sorrow, loss, joy, vengeance, hatred, friendship, love, longing, fear, regret, diamorphine, self-destruction and mortal danger – they are all lined up to welcome him.
With a little over 20 years between the two movies, director Danny Boyle leads the viewer on a deliberately self-referential journey, with clips and music from the original release echoing through into the present.
Tickets for the screening cost £7, and £5 concessions.
• For tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk