Gilbert, Brian and Whitney promise a top week at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Seventies superstar Gilbert O’Sullivan returns to the Alban Arena next Wednesday, February 24.
Having topped the charts with the likes of Alone Again (Naturally) and Get Down, he has never rested on his laurels.
His influence can be heard in the music of Ben Folds and Ron Sexsmith while his songs have been covered by Neil Diamond, Rumer and Sarah Vaughan amongst others.
He comes on stage at 7.30pm and will be performing with a 10 piece band. Tickets at £34.50 and £29.50 are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Versatile entertainer Brian Conley brings his Alive and Dangerous Tour to the Arena the following night, Thursday, February 25.
A regular of Saturday night TV in the late 1990s, he has appeared more on stage than screen in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
The show starts at 8pm and tickets are £22.50.
A celebration of the music and life of the late great singer Whitney Houston is being performed on the Arena stage next Friday, February 26.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
Whitney – Queen of the Night features rising West End star Rebecca Freckleton in the title role, performing classic hits including I Wanna Dance With Somebody, One Moment In Time, I’m Every Woman, My Love is Your Love, So Emotional Baby, Run to You, Saving All My Love, I will Always Love You, and many more.
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £23 and £21.
* Comedian Tommy Tiernan, who is returning to the Arena next Saturday night, February 27, with his Out of the Whirlwind tour, has sold out.