Getting retro in Verulamium Park, St Albans
THE INFLUENCE of rock s golden age is celebrated with three classic local acts at Sunday s Music in the Parks event. It is being held in Verulamium Park – between the Inn on the Park and the museum – from 2pm to 5pm. The gig features Tobacco Road with inf
THE INFLUENCE of rock's golden age is celebrated with three classic local acts at Sunday's Music in the Parks event.
It is being held in Verulamium Park - between the Inn on the Park and the museum - from 2pm to 5pm.
The gig features Tobacco Road with influences ranging from the soul sounds of Stax and Motown through to the first wave Brit invasion of the Beatles and the Stones.
Mixing up rhythm'n'blues and rock'n'roll will be Rocking Ray who have developed a reputation as one of the strongest acts on the local circuit verging in style between Dr Feelgood and The Stray Cats.
Last but not least are the Faith Stealers with a template of The Kinks, The Who and The Jam who are fast becoming one of the finest mod outfits in the UK.
Full details of forthcoming Music in the Parks event can be found at www.lemonrock.com/musicintheparks and www.myspace.com/saasharts
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival