Getting retro in Verulamium Park, St Albans
THE INFLUENCE of rock s golden age is celebrated with three classic local acts at Sunday s Music in the Parks event. It is being held in Verulamium Park – between the Inn on the Park and the museum – from 2pm to 5pm. The gig features Tobacco Road with inf
THE INFLUENCE of rock's golden age is celebrated with three classic local acts at Sunday's Music in the Parks event.
It is being held in Verulamium Park - between the Inn on the Park and the museum - from 2pm to 5pm.
The gig features Tobacco Road with influences ranging from the soul sounds of Stax and Motown through to the first wave Brit invasion of the Beatles and the Stones.
Mixing up rhythm'n'blues and rock'n'roll will be Rocking Ray who have developed a reputation as one of the strongest acts on the local circuit verging in style between Dr Feelgood and The Stray Cats.
You may also want to watch:
Last but not least are the Faith Stealers with a template of The Kinks, The Who and The Jam who are fast becoming one of the finest mod outfits in the UK.
Full details of forthcoming Music in the Parks event can be found at www.lemonrock.com/musicintheparks and www.myspace.com/saasharts
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25