Get Cape Wear Cape Fly and Enter Shikari at St Albans charity gig
- Credit: Archant
A 150-strong crowd flocked to the Pioneer Club in St Albans for a gig to raise funds for typhoon victims.
Musicians Shikari Sound System and Get Cape Wear Cape Fly raised hundreds of pounds for the St Albans Philippines charity STAPH.
One young Enter Shikari fan, Clare Margat from Picardie, France, had travelled by train to St Albans station and then walked to the club in Heathlands Drive.
Get Cape’s Sam Dunkworth spoke about the fact that as part of a global community, while St Albans was helping the Philippines now, it might be that in the future people thousands of miles away would support Britain.
Enter Shikari’s Chris Batten added: “The event was for such a good cause and we were honoured to be involved. It was great to see and feel the huge sense of community coming together towards a common goal. All the artists were fantastic and we’re very grateful to everyone involved for helping to raise awareness.”
STAPH Filipino charity members made noodles and spring rolls for the musicians who also included Rob Lynch, TWOSIXONES and Engine-Earz and a special Enter Shikari beer was produced by Signature Brewery.
Former St Albans MP Kerry Pollard, who helped to set up the charity, said: “It is great that so many young people came along to hear the music and support our charity. We look forward to holding other events for local youngsters and to encourage them to support this worthwhile cause.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary