German comic Henning Wehn headlining at Waterend Barn , St Albans
SELF-styled German Ambassador of Comedy in London, Henning Wehn will be headlining the Funny First Mondays night next week. Henning, who cut his comedy teeth by softening up audiences for the likes of Jo Brand and Jerry Sadowitz, has become something of a
SELF-styled German Ambassador of Comedy in London, Henning Wehn will be headlining the Funny First Mondays night next week.
Henning, who cut his comedy teeth by softening up audiences for the likes of Jo Brand and Jerry Sadowitz, has become something of a radio and television favourite appearing on Channel Four and Radio Four among others.
Opening the night at the Waterend Barn in St Albans on Monday will be Inder Manocha who has been performing stand up all over the world since 2000.
His comedy accomplishments include his own Edinburgh shows and a huge number of club appearances where he airs his quirky insights into multicultural Britain. He is also a public speaker and actor.
You may also want to watch:
In support will be Paul Ricketts who has been a musician, playwright, chimney sweep, stagehand and more before turning his hand to comedy - on the advice of his therapist.
Completing the line-up will be Toby French who can be found performing in the cream of the comedy clubs in and around London.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
MC on Monday will be Kate Smurthwaite who has over 2,000 appearances to her credit and is resident compere at the Soho comedy club and a comedy festival favourite.
The comedy gets underway at 8pm and admission is �5 online at www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or at the door.
l A bonus show is being held on Wednesday, March 10, hosted by local comic Chris Norton Walker and featuring new graduates of the Funny First Mondays comedy course.
For more information and tickets go to the website above or call Mike Manera on 07954 835686.