Georgina lands dream role in St Albans Abbey opera
KEEN amateur actress Georgina Thompson has landed the part of her life. For Georgina, 15, of Crabtree Lane, Harpenden, has won a key role in the community opera Alban which is to be premiered at St Albans Abbey later this month. Georgina has been cast as
KEEN amateur actress Georgina Thompson has landed the part of her life.
For Georgina, 15, of Crabtree Lane, Harpenden, has won a key role in the community opera Alban which is to be premiered at St Albans Abbey later this month.
Georgina has been cast as Melissa, the daughter of Alban. She will play opposite 12-year-old Peter Sequeira from Welwyn Garden City in the role of her brother, Gaius, and soprano Dominique Thiebaud as her mother. Alban is being sung by Philip Salmon.
A pupil at Roundwood Park School in Harpenden, Georgina is also a member of The Company of Teens at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans.
She said: "I am really looking forward to taking part in the opera. Something exciting happens at every rehearsal and I want to see the entire show because so far we have only seen it in small sections."
The opera, with words by award-winning poet John Mole, was specially written by composer Tom Wiggall.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Over 100 performers, who have mainly been drawn from parish and school choirs across Herts and Beds, will be taking part in the production at the Abbey from next Wednesday to Saturday, May 20-23.
Tickets priced �15 for adults and �10 for children are available from the Abbey box office on 01727 890256.
More information on Albans is available at www.albanopera.org.uk