Garth Hewitt’s St Albans church gig
- Credit: Archant
Singer/songwriter Garth Hewitt is giving a concert in St Albans next Friday, March 14.
His new tour Conspiracy of Love is stopping off from 7.45pm at Marshalswick Baptist Free Church in Sherwood Avenue, Marshalswick.
Garth has been writing and singing songs of peace and justice for 40 years. He established The Amos Trust in 1985 to give voice to the untold stories of the forgotten communities he met during his singing and speaking engagements around the world and to pursue his commitment to justice and peace. His songs reflect the spirituality and prayer that underpins Amos.
During the concert, Garth will be singing a wide variety of songs telling stories from around the world as well as tales of partners of the Amos Trust. There will be songs from his Justice Like a River album and his new album Liberty is Near! – hymns from the 1840s Chartist movement, which Garth has set to music.
He is visiting St Albans at the invitation of Sally Patterson, manager of Home-Start St Albans. She said: “I have known Garth for many years through Greenbelt Christian Arts festival, and thought it would be wonderful to invite him to sing in St Albans, not only to raise awareness of his work and the Amos Trust, but also do the same for Home-Start.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 (£8 concessions) and are available from Home-Start on 01727 833810 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call the church on 01727 857786 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development