Garth Hewitt’s St Albans church gig
- Credit: Archant
Singer/songwriter Garth Hewitt is giving a concert in St Albans next Friday, March 14.
His new tour Conspiracy of Love is stopping off from 7.45pm at Marshalswick Baptist Free Church in Sherwood Avenue, Marshalswick.
Garth has been writing and singing songs of peace and justice for 40 years. He established The Amos Trust in 1985 to give voice to the untold stories of the forgotten communities he met during his singing and speaking engagements around the world and to pursue his commitment to justice and peace. His songs reflect the spirituality and prayer that underpins Amos.
During the concert, Garth will be singing a wide variety of songs telling stories from around the world as well as tales of partners of the Amos Trust. There will be songs from his Justice Like a River album and his new album Liberty is Near! – hymns from the 1840s Chartist movement, which Garth has set to music.
He is visiting St Albans at the invitation of Sally Patterson, manager of Home-Start St Albans. She said: “I have known Garth for many years through Greenbelt Christian Arts festival, and thought it would be wonderful to invite him to sing in St Albans, not only to raise awareness of his work and the Amos Trust, but also do the same for Home-Start.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 (£8 concessions) and are available from Home-Start on 01727 833810 or by e-mailing email@example.com. Alternatively call the church on 01727 857786 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly