Gang Show comes to Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
The annual St Albans Scout and Guide Gang Show is a permanent fixture on many people’s calendars.
And this year is clearly no exception because all tickets for the show, which is held at the Alban Arena from next Wednesday to Saturday, February 12 to 15, are sold out.
It is not only families and friends of the participants who go along each year but fans of the colourful show which this year promises to be more spectacular, energetic and packed with more gold medal performances than the Winter Olympics.
Members of the St Albans Scout and Gang Show have been working hard over the past five months to bring singing, dancing and comedy sketches to a packed-out audience.
The 100-plus cast are made up of Scouts and Guides from the St Albans district, aged 12 to 25, who will be taking part in the 35th production of the show.
You may also want to watch:
Following in his older brother’s footsepts, Scout Maksym Uzwyshyn-Jones, 12, is taking part for the first time. He said: “My brother said it was good, but it’s been better than I thought it would be – the experience of being part of a massive show has been amazing. It’s been a privilege to be part of the cast – and it’s just so much fun.”
It’s the fourth year that Holly Levy has been in the cast but she still loves it: “There’s a real sense of belonging, like being in a family. And every year you get to meet new friends and spend months rehearsing with them – and the show changes every year, there’s never the same thing twice.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
“I think the opening of the show this year is going to be spectacular – if we can pull it off!”
The exact content of the show is always a secret but gang show producer Hermione Drew said this year there would be classic songs, new numbers and clever use of props and video.
“Every year we aim to raise the standard of the show and try new things. We have given the cast more dance challenges, as well as taking on more complicated musical numbers and sketch material.
“The cast have really impressed the volunteer team running the show with how they have responded to the challenge and helped create what we hope will be our best show to date.”
For more information visit the show’s website http://www.stalbansgangshow.com/home.php