From West End to the ballet at Alban Arena
PAST principal performers from the West End production of Les Miserables and the recent 25th anniversary concert come together in Beyond the Barricade at the Alban Arena next Friday, May 27.
The production, which returns by popular demand, will include songs from Miss Saigon, The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Mamma Mia, The Jersey Boys, Blood Brothers and many more hit musical productions. It ends with a spectacular finale from Les Miserables.
The show begins at 8pm and tickets at �18.50 and �16.50 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
Vienna Festival Ballet also make a return to the Arena next week when they put on their new production of the fairy tale Cinderella.
Based on the traditional story, the music is taken from a vast array of the Italian composer Rossini’s most famous operatic achievements.
Artistic director Peter Malek chose renowned conductor and musical director for ballet Chris Nicolls to rearrange and rewrite the score for the ballet and the music was then recorded especially for the company by the leading orchestra in Kosice, Slowakia.
Cinderella can be seen at 2.30pm next Saturday, May 28, and tickets are �22 with concessions �17 and under 16s �13.50.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
n Jools Holland’s appearance at the Arena next Wednesday, May 25, has sold out.