From West End to the ballet at Alban Arena
PAST principal performers from the West End production of Les Miserables and the recent 25th anniversary concert come together in Beyond the Barricade at the Alban Arena next Friday, May 27.
The production, which returns by popular demand, will include songs from Miss Saigon, The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Mamma Mia, The Jersey Boys, Blood Brothers and many more hit musical productions. It ends with a spectacular finale from Les Miserables.
The show begins at 8pm and tickets at �18.50 and �16.50 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
Vienna Festival Ballet also make a return to the Arena next week when they put on their new production of the fairy tale Cinderella.
Based on the traditional story, the music is taken from a vast array of the Italian composer Rossini’s most famous operatic achievements.
You may also want to watch:
Artistic director Peter Malek chose renowned conductor and musical director for ballet Chris Nicolls to rearrange and rewrite the score for the ballet and the music was then recorded especially for the company by the leading orchestra in Kosice, Slowakia.
Cinderella can be seen at 2.30pm next Saturday, May 28, and tickets are �22 with concessions �17 and under 16s �13.50.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Shaun Jeffers and St Albans City a match made in Hertfordshire
- 10 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
n Jools Holland’s appearance at the Arena next Wednesday, May 25, has sold out.