From Walking the Americas to the Alban Arena for adventurer Levison Wood
- Credit: Archant
A best-selling author, photographer and TV presenter will be sharing his experiences with an audience in St Albans next week.
An evening with Levison Wood can be enjoyed at The Alban Arena on Thursday, February 23.
Levison is described by Sir Ranulph Fiennes as “a great adventurer and wonderful storyteller” and he will be talking about his exploits as a modern day explorer.
With his keen desire to immerse himself fully in local cultures and customs, Levison Wood has delighted audiences around the globe with stories of his epic adventures, ranging from being chased by crocodiles and hippos in Africa, shot at by gunmen, falling off a mountain, being arrested more times than he can remember and meeting such illustrious characters as the Dalai Lama and George Clooney along the way.
In this adventure-filled one-man show, he recounts his amusing and sometimes poignant tales of life as a soldier in the Parachute Regiment and his subsequent transition into an explorer of international standing.
You may also want to watch:
It will include further tales and behind-the-scenes moments from his journeys walking the length of the Nile and the Himalayas, both of which were documented by Channel 4.
He will also talk about his most recent travels walking 1,800 miles along the length of Central America, taking in eight countries from Mexico to Colombia, and his bid to cross the treacherous Darien Gap.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
With his honest accounts of life on the road, Levison hopes to challenge our preconceptions and inspire a new generation of adventurers with tales of hope and hospitality, firmly believing the more people go out and see the world, the better a place it will be.
Levison Wood’s latest documentary series Walking The Americas was recently aired on Channel 4.
Tickets for his St Albans show cost £22.50. It starts at 7.30pm.
• Call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk