From the ballrooms of Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
Leading UK and internation organ and keyboard player, Chris Powell, is playing a concert in St Albans next Saturday, June 13.
He is appearing at 7.30pm at St Albans Organ Theatre in Camp Road.
Firmly established as one of the UK’s premier entertainment organists as well as an international ambassador in the field of electronic and theatre organ music, his career took off when he joined the team of organists at the Tower Ballroom, Blackpool, at the age of 18.
Chris went on to work as a demonstrator for several manufacturers including Farfisa, Orla and more recently Roland with whom he is now associated on a freelance basis as a demonstrator.
He has become one of the most popular performers in the UK and intersperses his regular annual diary of engagements in Britain with frequent overseas concert tours including Holland, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £10 for adults and £5 for children under 11. For more information and bookings, visit http://www.stalbansorgantheatre.org.uk or email email@example.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style