French flavour for St Albans Abbey
FRENCH organist Sophie-Veronique Cauchefer-Choplin is giving the next concert in the International Organ Festival (IOF) series. She will be appearing in the free concert at 5.30pm on Saturday at St Albans Abbey. Born in France, she studied organ at the Ec
FRENCH organist Sophie-Veronique Cauchefer-Choplin is giving the next concert in the International Organ Festival (IOF) series.
She will be appearing in the free concert at 5.30pm on Saturday at St Albans Abbey.
Born in France, she studied organ at the Ecole Nationale de Musique in Le Mans and the Conservatoire National Superieur de Musique in Paris.
Considered to be one of the finest improvisers of her generation, she has had an extensive career, giving recitals and masterclasses throughout Europe, Russia, Japan, China, the USA and Canada.
You may also want to watch:
She has been co-titular of the Grand Orgue of Saint Sulpice since 1985 and in 2008 she was appointed an organ professor at the Royal College of Music in London.
Sophie-Veronique will be performing music by Bach, Couperin, Mendelssohn, Franck and Bedard in the concert before concluding with an improvisation on a given theme.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
A retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society will follow the concert.