French comedian vives la difference at St Albans Old Town Hall
THE first French comedian to play St Albans comes to Funny First Mondays at the Old Town Hall next week.
Marcel Lucont is France’s premier stand-up comedian with his own show in his native country and having headlined the Paris Comedy Festival as well as touring the French speaking world.
He is heading to the Town Hall on Monday as part of his first full UK tour – and he does perform in English.
Joining Marcel is Jeff Leach, best known as the presenter of Big Brother’s Little Brother and Comedy Relief’s Naughty Bits.
He turned to stand up a year ago and his first solo show, A Leach on Society, was much acclaimed at Edinburgh last year.
Also on the bill are Chris Purchase and Funny First Mondays comedy course graduate Matthew King. The whole evening is held together by special guest MC Mike Belgrave.
Tickets are �8 in advance from www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk, by telephone on 01525 630153 or on the door on the night. The show begins at 8pm.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by