French band BandaBero visit St Albans
BANDABERO, an eight piece band from St Albans’ twin town Nevers, is visiting the city next week as part of a short tour of southern England.
There will be a chance to dance French style with the band at Francis Bacon School in Drakes Drive at 8pm next Saturday, October 29, which will be preceded by a workshop at 5.30pm which will give an opportunity to learn the dances.
On the preceding night, Friday, October 28, BandaBero will be joining local band na-mara in a concert at Redbourn Village Hall, starting at 8pm, and will be running a workshop for musicians at St Julian’s Church Hall in Abbotts Avenue, St Albans at 2pm on Saturday.
BandaBero play lively French dance music and are led by Dominique Forges, a leading performer and teacher of traditional music.
Dominique was leader of the 50-piece Ensemble de Nevers which delighted local audiences when it came to play at St Albans Festival in 2000.
You may also want to watch:
The band play a range of traditional and modern instruments with Dominique playing the traditional hurdy-gurdy as well as violin and flutes.
Two members of the band, Annie Forges and Olivier Marion, play the French bagpipes with Olivier also playing flute and saxophone.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Other musicians are Sophie Amelot on accordion, Frederic Baudimont, violin, and Audrey Marion, cello. Dominique, Annie and Audrey add vocals. Joining the core six-piece band on the tour are Edouard Cheramy, bagpipe, and Alice Forges, hurdy gurdy.
Tickets are available online from www.allaboutstalbans.com, by phone from 01727 852111 or on the door. For further information see www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk, ring 01727 852111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org