Free open air Shakespeare at Vintry Gardens, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A free open air production of The Tempest is coming to St Albans next weekend, Saturday, August 16, and Sunday, August 17.
Locally-based company Foot in the Door Theatre are putting on four special performances in the Vintry Garden by St Albans Abbey at midday and 3pm on both days.
The company has just finished a tour across the South West and is returning to the Vintry Garden for the fourth year.
Performing The Tempest, the story of a shipwreck that brings a king and his entourage to the magic island occupied by Prospero, his daughter Miranda, the spirit Ariel and monster Caliban, is part of the company’s celebrations for the 450th birthday of the bard.
Performances are free and no booking is necessary. Audiences are invited bring their own picnics and seating. The garden will open half an hour before performances.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit footinthedoortheatre.wix.com/community or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans