Free open air Shakespeare at Vintry Gardens, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A free open air production of The Tempest is coming to St Albans next weekend, Saturday, August 16, and Sunday, August 17.
Locally-based company Foot in the Door Theatre are putting on four special performances in the Vintry Garden by St Albans Abbey at midday and 3pm on both days.
The company has just finished a tour across the South West and is returning to the Vintry Garden for the fourth year.
Performing The Tempest, the story of a shipwreck that brings a king and his entourage to the magic island occupied by Prospero, his daughter Miranda, the spirit Ariel and monster Caliban, is part of the company’s celebrations for the 450th birthday of the bard.
Performances are free and no booking is necessary. Audiences are invited bring their own picnics and seating. The garden will open half an hour before performances.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit footinthedoortheatre.wix.com/community or email email@example.com.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district