Free lunchtime concert at St Peter's Church in St Albans
- Credit: St Peter's Church
A free lunchtime concert will be held in a St Albans church next Wednesday with donations in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
There will be a recital by violinist Arwen Newband and pianist Anna Le Hair at St Peter's Church on Wednesday, June 16.
Their programme will include works by Claude Debussy, Olivier Messiaen and Gabriel Faure.
Arwen Newband was born in Auckland, New Zealand, and after winning a scholarship travelled to London where she studied with Emanuel Hurwitz.
Initially she freelanced as an orchestral musician but now devotes most of her energies to chamber music and solo repertoire.
She has performed most of the standard repertoire for violin and piano with her regular duo partner Anna Le Hair.
Anna teaches piano and accompanies at St Albans School, and also has a thriving private teaching practice at her home in Tring.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 7 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Little Women 'generating a big response at Roman Theatre – and rightly so'
- 10 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
Wednesday lunchtime recitals at St Peter's start at 1pm.
To attend, visit www.stpeterschurch.uk.com/lunchtime-concerts