Free lunchtime concert at St Peter's Church in St Albans
- Credit: St Peter's Church
A free lunchtime concert will be held in a St Albans church next Wednesday with donations in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
There will be a recital by violinist Arwen Newband and pianist Anna Le Hair at St Peter's Church on Wednesday, June 16.
Their programme will include works by Claude Debussy, Olivier Messiaen and Gabriel Faure.
Arwen Newband was born in Auckland, New Zealand, and after winning a scholarship travelled to London where she studied with Emanuel Hurwitz.
Initially she freelanced as an orchestral musician but now devotes most of her energies to chamber music and solo repertoire.
She has performed most of the standard repertoire for violin and piano with her regular duo partner Anna Le Hair.
Anna teaches piano and accompanies at St Albans School, and also has a thriving private teaching practice at her home in Tring.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
Wednesday lunchtime recitals at St Peter's start at 1pm.
To attend, visit www.stpeterschurch.uk.com/lunchtime-concerts