Free lunchtime concert at St Peter's Church in St Albans
- Credit: St Peter's Church
A free lunchtime concert will be held in a St Albans church next Wednesday with donations in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
There will be a recital by violinist Arwen Newband and pianist Anna Le Hair at St Peter's Church on Wednesday, June 16.
Their programme will include works by Claude Debussy, Olivier Messiaen and Gabriel Faure.
Arwen Newband was born in Auckland, New Zealand, and after winning a scholarship travelled to London where she studied with Emanuel Hurwitz.
Initially she freelanced as an orchestral musician but now devotes most of her energies to chamber music and solo repertoire.
She has performed most of the standard repertoire for violin and piano with her regular duo partner Anna Le Hair.
Anna teaches piano and accompanies at St Albans School, and also has a thriving private teaching practice at her home in Tring.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Wednesday lunchtime recitals at St Peter's start at 1pm.
To attend, visit www.stpeterschurch.uk.com/lunchtime-concerts