Free lunchtime concert at St Peter's Church in St Albans
- Credit: St Peter's Church
A free lunchtime concert will be held in a St Albans church next Wednesday with donations in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
There will be a recital by violinist Arwen Newband and pianist Anna Le Hair at St Peter's Church on Wednesday, June 16.
Their programme will include works by Claude Debussy, Olivier Messiaen and Gabriel Faure.
Arwen Newband was born in Auckland, New Zealand, and after winning a scholarship travelled to London where she studied with Emanuel Hurwitz.
Initially she freelanced as an orchestral musician but now devotes most of her energies to chamber music and solo repertoire.
She has performed most of the standard repertoire for violin and piano with her regular duo partner Anna Le Hair.
Anna teaches piano and accompanies at St Albans School, and also has a thriving private teaching practice at her home in Tring.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Wednesday lunchtime recitals at St Peter's start at 1pm.
To attend, visit www.stpeterschurch.uk.com/lunchtime-concerts