Former St Albans Organ Festival winner to give Abbey concert
- Credit: Archant
A previous winner in the St Alans International Organ Competition returns to the city to give a recital this Saturday, January 11.
David Baskeyfield will be playing at St Albans Cathedral from 5.30pm and has chosen a programme which includes music by Mozart, Alain, Saint-Saëns, Fleury and Bonnal.
He was the First Prize Interpretation and Audience Prizewinner of the 2011 St Albans International Organ Competition and finalist in the 50th Anniversary Improvisation Competition in 2013.
He is currently a doctoral student at the Eastman School of Music, New York, and previously read Law at Oxford whilst Organ Scholar at St John’s College.
David has now launched a performing career with numerous planned engagements in the US and Europe and a recording project on a historic baroque organ in Waltershausen, Thuringia. He also gives occasional theatre organ concerts and accompanies silent movies.
You may also want to watch:
The recital is part of the International Organ Festival Society’s 2013-2014 concert series and entrance is free with a retiring collection.
After the recital the audience will have the opportunity to meet David at a reception in the cathedral refectory.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Full details of all the concerts in the 2013-2014 series can be found at www.organfestival.com