Former St Albans Organ Festival winner to give Abbey concert
- Credit: Archant
A previous winner in the St Alans International Organ Competition returns to the city to give a recital this Saturday, January 11.
David Baskeyfield will be playing at St Albans Cathedral from 5.30pm and has chosen a programme which includes music by Mozart, Alain, Saint-Saëns, Fleury and Bonnal.
He was the First Prize Interpretation and Audience Prizewinner of the 2011 St Albans International Organ Competition and finalist in the 50th Anniversary Improvisation Competition in 2013.
He is currently a doctoral student at the Eastman School of Music, New York, and previously read Law at Oxford whilst Organ Scholar at St John’s College.
David has now launched a performing career with numerous planned engagements in the US and Europe and a recording project on a historic baroque organ in Waltershausen, Thuringia. He also gives occasional theatre organ concerts and accompanies silent movies.
You may also want to watch:
The recital is part of the International Organ Festival Society’s 2013-2014 concert series and entrance is free with a retiring collection.
After the recital the audience will have the opportunity to meet David at a reception in the cathedral refectory.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 8 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
Full details of all the concerts in the 2013-2014 series can be found at www.organfestival.com