Former St Albans Organ Festival winner to give Abbey concert
- Credit: Archant
A previous winner in the St Alans International Organ Competition returns to the city to give a recital this Saturday, January 11.
David Baskeyfield will be playing at St Albans Cathedral from 5.30pm and has chosen a programme which includes music by Mozart, Alain, Saint-Saëns, Fleury and Bonnal.
He was the First Prize Interpretation and Audience Prizewinner of the 2011 St Albans International Organ Competition and finalist in the 50th Anniversary Improvisation Competition in 2013.
He is currently a doctoral student at the Eastman School of Music, New York, and previously read Law at Oxford whilst Organ Scholar at St John’s College.
David has now launched a performing career with numerous planned engagements in the US and Europe and a recording project on a historic baroque organ in Waltershausen, Thuringia. He also gives occasional theatre organ concerts and accompanies silent movies.
The recital is part of the International Organ Festival Society’s 2013-2014 concert series and entrance is free with a retiring collection.
After the recital the audience will have the opportunity to meet David at a reception in the cathedral refectory.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
Full details of all the concerts in the 2013-2014 series can be found at www.organfestival.com