Follow the Art Trail in and around the town
- Credit: Archant
A takeaway style leaflet has been produced to guide visitors in and around studios in Harpenden, Redbourn and Kimpton during an annual art event.
Open Studios covers the whole of the county with studios open to the public across Herts.
For the third year in succession, a Harpenden Art Trail has been initiated with studio opening times supplemented by additional displays and public events around the area.
The takeaway-style leaflet, available arund the town and at individual studios, includes compact information on all artists and art forms as well as listing additional displays and events with a local area map.
In addition, the art trail can be downloaded as a pdf to smartphones or tablets from Herts Visual Arts, which organises the Open Studios event, and other locations.
You may also want to watch:
Three new artists from a total of 16 in Harpenden and district are exhibiting in the town for the first time this year - Lesley Pollock who produces silver and gold jewellery, Kate Buchanan who creates textile pictures and photographer Penny Bird.
Opal Seabrook, Harpenden area coordinator, said: “The artist community in Harpenden is friendly, welcoming and hugely knowledgeable and our trail gives visitors just the best opportunity to experience these wide-ranging talents first hand.”
- 1 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 2 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 3 Acorns Day Nursery decision revealed by Oaklands College bosses
- 4 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's fastest moving £1m-plus property markets
- 6 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
- 7 7 ways to get spiders out of your home
- 8 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 9 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app