Follow the Art Trail in and around the town
- Credit: Archant
A takeaway style leaflet has been produced to guide visitors in and around studios in Harpenden, Redbourn and Kimpton during an annual art event.
Open Studios covers the whole of the county with studios open to the public across Herts.
For the third year in succession, a Harpenden Art Trail has been initiated with studio opening times supplemented by additional displays and public events around the area.
The takeaway-style leaflet, available arund the town and at individual studios, includes compact information on all artists and art forms as well as listing additional displays and events with a local area map.
In addition, the art trail can be downloaded as a pdf to smartphones or tablets from Herts Visual Arts, which organises the Open Studios event, and other locations.
You may also want to watch:
Three new artists from a total of 16 in Harpenden and district are exhibiting in the town for the first time this year - Lesley Pollock who produces silver and gold jewellery, Kate Buchanan who creates textile pictures and photographer Penny Bird.
Opal Seabrook, Harpenden area coordinator, said: “The artist community in Harpenden is friendly, welcoming and hugely knowledgeable and our trail gives visitors just the best opportunity to experience these wide-ranging talents first hand.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills