Folk singer spotlight’s new album at St Albans session
- Credit: Archant
Singer songwriter Chris Flegg will be celebrating the launch of his new CD at Folk at the Maltings tomorrow, July 1.
Based in St Albans, he performs locally in and around the city, either solo as a singer/guitarist or with his jazz trio. He can regularly be heard busking on the Saturday market and playing with his jazz band on the monthly farmers market.
Chris has just released his 10th album The Road To The Rainbow’s End which has been well received.
His solo set at the St Albans theatre will feature his own songs in the folk idiom, including both material from the new album and some old favourites.
Supporting him at the Maltings Arts Theatre from 8pm will be young four piece band Tell Tale Tusk and New Roots finalists An Dhá.
You may also want to watch:
With their signature three part vocal harmony, Tell Tale Tusk interweave guitars, fiddle and drum beats, as well as some unique acapella arrangements.
Anna Lowenstein on fiddle, Fiona Fey on vocals and guitar, Laura Inskip on vocals and guitar and Reyhan Yusuf on vocals and percussion have played at venues ranging from Glastonbury to the The Secret Garden Party,
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
New Roots finalists Jaya Hanley and Sarah James are a violin and cello duo, An Dhá, which means ‘The Two’ in Gaelic. Their debut album Skylines was awarded the Vivian Prindle Award in 2015.
Tickets are £10 with students £8 and under-16s £6, on the door or in advance or by phone on 0333 666 3366.