Folk/rock band at the Maltings, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Dynamic young band Whinlatter will join Malcolm Hobbs and Alison Raymond in Folk at the Maltings’ New Year concert tomorrow evening (Friday).
Whinlatter is a locally based folk/rock band, made up of Jacob Buckton (vocals, guitar, mandolin, fiddle), Athur Sawyer (vocals, banjo, guitar, bass guitar) and Ryan Isbell (backing vocals, bass).
They were finalists in New Roots 2013 and have been gigging all over Herts and North London during the past year.
Malcolm Hobbs is a solo singer who accompanies himself on bouzouki, tenor mandola and guitar. His repertoire includes both traditional songs from England, Ireland and the Appalachian mountains of the United States and songs by contemporary writers such as Graham Moore, Utah Phillips, Phil Ochs and Richard Thompson.
He is a popular performer at Redbourn Folk Club, where he sings regularly.
You may also want to watch:
Alison Raymond plays guitar, piano and violin to accompany her singing and writes many of her own songs.
Tickets for the concert which starts at 8pm cost £10 with concessions for students, children and unwaged people £8. Workshop tickets are £15, £5 for students.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
They can bought on the door or in advance online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0844 870 0887 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre, Town Hall, Market Place 01727 864511.
For further information go to www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk or email email@example.com.