Folk rebels Mawkin at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
FOLK band Mawkin are coming come to the Abbey Theatre in St Albans this Saturday night, November 3.
The self-confessed folk rebels will be bringing their new sound to the Abbey Theatre main stage at 7.30pm.
Fresh from their third nomination for a BBC 2 Folk Award for their collaboration with Jim Causley, they promise the evening will give punters a blast of their latest exploration into the traditional folk canon from the British Isles and beyond.
One of the best instrumental outfits to emerge in recent years according to Channel 4, the four-piece have augmented their sound with the addition of long-time producer Lee Richardson on drums and percussion.
It will also be the first time that Mawkin have interpreted traditional songs with singing duties shared amongst the band.
Mawkin have played more than 150 UK festivals and supported a range of well-regarded artists including Eliza Carthy, Shooglenifty, Show of Hands, Billy Bragg, and Mr Scruff.
The support band will be Marianne Neary, with Owen Woods and Rebecca Burrell.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
To book tickets please go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk call the box office on 01727 857861.