Folk rebels Mawkin at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
FOLK band Mawkin are coming come to the Abbey Theatre in St Albans this Saturday night, November 3.
The self-confessed folk rebels will be bringing their new sound to the Abbey Theatre main stage at 7.30pm.
Fresh from their third nomination for a BBC 2 Folk Award for their collaboration with Jim Causley, they promise the evening will give punters a blast of their latest exploration into the traditional folk canon from the British Isles and beyond.
One of the best instrumental outfits to emerge in recent years according to Channel 4, the four-piece have augmented their sound with the addition of long-time producer Lee Richardson on drums and percussion.
It will also be the first time that Mawkin have interpreted traditional songs with singing duties shared amongst the band.
You may also want to watch:
Mawkin have played more than 150 UK festivals and supported a range of well-regarded artists including Eliza Carthy, Shooglenifty, Show of Hands, Billy Bragg, and Mr Scruff.
The support band will be Marianne Neary, with Owen Woods and Rebecca Burrell.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
To book tickets please go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk call the box office on 01727 857861.