Folk rebels Mawkin at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
FOLK band Mawkin are coming come to the Abbey Theatre in St Albans this Saturday night, November 3.
The self-confessed folk rebels will be bringing their new sound to the Abbey Theatre main stage at 7.30pm.
Fresh from their third nomination for a BBC 2 Folk Award for their collaboration with Jim Causley, they promise the evening will give punters a blast of their latest exploration into the traditional folk canon from the British Isles and beyond.
One of the best instrumental outfits to emerge in recent years according to Channel 4, the four-piece have augmented their sound with the addition of long-time producer Lee Richardson on drums and percussion.
It will also be the first time that Mawkin have interpreted traditional songs with singing duties shared amongst the band.
Mawkin have played more than 150 UK festivals and supported a range of well-regarded artists including Eliza Carthy, Shooglenifty, Show of Hands, Billy Bragg, and Mr Scruff.
The support band will be Marianne Neary, with Owen Woods and Rebecca Burrell.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Woman 'sexually assaulted by two men' near River Lea in Wheathampstead
To book tickets please go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk call the box office on 01727 857861.