Folk rebels Mawkin at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
FOLK band Mawkin are coming come to the Abbey Theatre in St Albans this Saturday night, November 3.
The self-confessed folk rebels will be bringing their new sound to the Abbey Theatre main stage at 7.30pm.
Fresh from their third nomination for a BBC 2 Folk Award for their collaboration with Jim Causley, they promise the evening will give punters a blast of their latest exploration into the traditional folk canon from the British Isles and beyond.
One of the best instrumental outfits to emerge in recent years according to Channel 4, the four-piece have augmented their sound with the addition of long-time producer Lee Richardson on drums and percussion.
It will also be the first time that Mawkin have interpreted traditional songs with singing duties shared amongst the band.
You may also want to watch:
Mawkin have played more than 150 UK festivals and supported a range of well-regarded artists including Eliza Carthy, Shooglenifty, Show of Hands, Billy Bragg, and Mr Scruff.
The support band will be Marianne Neary, with Owen Woods and Rebecca Burrell.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
To book tickets please go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk call the box office on 01727 857861.